Friday, August 1, 2008

Australia could be heading into a Recession...

Australia could be heading into a Recession...

I was just reading the news online, and it appears that our Prime Minister: Kevin Rudd, thinks we might be heading for a recession.


Here is the News Link:

KEVIN Rudd has conceded that the Australian economy is slowing and that the worst global economic conditions in 30 years could spark job losses and a recession.

It is no secret that the world economy has been struggling for some time now (I don't know anything about financial stuff....but, it is pretty clear to see that we are in for some stormy times ahead).

How do you think this will effect our jewellery making? Is this going to make it a lot harder to sell things? People won't have that extra cash flow will they... to buy jewellery? Or will they? I hope we don't head into a recession, but people have been losing jobs left right and center over here. And with petrol going up all the time and groceries always going up...everything is going up all of the time. The cost of living has sky rocketed severely (in my view it has anyway).

I welcome your feedback on your views, from whatever part of the Globe you are from?
Are you finding it tougher to get by on the day- to- day way of life? I know that I don't drive as much as I used to... to try and keep my petrol usage down a bit.

Anyway... please drop me a line and say hello and let me know what you think.

Take care.





No comments: